Sunday, January 31, 2010
We had a dessert contest and he and his wifey were the judges *we all tide*. It was way fun.. my dessert wasnt that great probably we would end up in last place *joaquim faults he left the ice cream outside and it was melted haha* Besides, our little melting accident *lol*. We had fun, I think that was a really creative date! (it was outside of the typical byu dates).
After that we played cards, rockband and ate our desserts.
Then, I went dancing with Scott and Cacey... Way fun!! I like those kids a lot.... they are fun to be around!
Me and my family went to the sundance festival. We had not seen anyone famous but we had a blast! We ate caramel apple, pizza, we played in the snow, took pics, laughed our heads off.. I LOVE THEM!!! (I will post pics later)
I wish we could do this more often.. but since my parents lived in Ecuador this kind of gathering happens once a year.. but I'm so grateful for all the good times we had, have and we are having..!!
I saw the guy that I like or I used to like not sure yet!
We ate yummy homemade chicken soup (my fav), a long nap with my parents, taught kids!
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND TOO!!
MONDAY SEE YOU TOMORROW!!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I will love to be in a warm and quiet place, exploring beyond the dock.. but I cant complain life is treating me well enough and so far january and me are having a healthy love relationship..
I just want to say
Monday, January 25, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
and all because I WILL BE YOURS and YOU'LL BE MINE!
Friday, January 22, 2010
I'm making a lot of plans there so many things I wanna do.. Hip hops club, salsa club, pilates, yoga, study french on my own.. IM EXCITED and how i feel can be defined in three simple words
The to do list for this weekend is:
- Work on my paper
- Study for my Spanish test
- Do an interview
- Dinner with friends
- Time with family
- Teach my kids
- Planning my week
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
PATIENCE, HOPE, FAITH AND PRAY.
I applied to a job a couple weeks ago and for a moment i thought that I had it in my pocket, I thought she will call me tomorrow (cuz thats what she said)...
Next day... the phone rang i was excited .. a bunch of people call me that day.. but not the lady!!
I was heart broken, my mom tried to cheer me up but I could stop thinking about that..
Deep inside i thought they might call me later, maybe she got busy, or she didn't have time.. until i reached the point i knew that i didn't get the job..
My mom encouraged me to keep praying, I had my doubts but I did it.. and it worked because they called me TODAY... I'm starting on Thursday!! Life couldn't get any better
I'm so grateful!!
The best part is ...
I DON'T HAVE TO WORK ON NIGHTS YEAHHHH!!
Friday, January 15, 2010
I was really sad about what happen in Haiti!! that make me realize how blessed I am and I need to be more thankful for what I have!! All the week I had been thinking what can I do.. and this quote came to my mind..
I decide to create Hope for Haiti, this wont change the situation of hundrends of haitians but at least I decide to do something. God bless this humble people, they are in my prays!!
Friday, January 8, 2010
This new year just started.. for being honest this first week was kinda crappy BUT...
Never it is too late to change and start all over again...
So here are my resolutions for this year!! (I know I should post them a week ago.. it is better do it late than never ..right?)
- Run a 5k this year
- Learn how to knit
- I'm not going to say that I lose certain number of pounds but I comprise myself to work out more
- Dance... go to many auditions as I can.
- Use my credit card wisely.. and get out of debt
- Travel to a place that I haven't been yet
- Keep a journal
- Make something nice and meaningful for someone.. (at least once a month)
- Go to everysingle class that I am enrolled
- Don't turn off the alarm unless I am really awake (no more pretending that I have extra 5 min unless I actually have those extra min)
- Find a new job
- Dont be afraid to try new food, activities or clothes.
- Prepare my primary lesson before sunday
- Read a book per month
- Have a camera with me most of the time
- Get my drivers license
- Go to concerts
- Walk my dog every morning!
Now it is public so I better wont mess up with my resolutions.. Im planning to stick to them!! Little changes make a huge difference..
I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. ~Henry Moore
In the clouds.......................
Today I went to my modern dance class..
The teacher remained me how talented I am
She says she will bug me if I decide to stay in her class (you know dance teachers are...
.when they say they will bug you.. it is cuz you have something there).
She suggested me to go to a higher level class.
Maybe .. for a second I forgot who I am and of what I am capable!I'm glad that she remained me
that I have something special..
The feeling of inadequacy was bugging me lately.. (I was feeling not smart enough and I thought this semester is wayyyyyy tooooooooo much for me) but I know I can do it!I better start believing in my potencial!! (for my own sake)
Happy weekend people!!!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Today, I'm celebrating my 100 post!!
(I make it sounds like it my b-day or my anniversary but this is important to me, so u better like lol)
I can't believe that I went through all those crazy, funny, happy,not so funny and not so happy stories!
Reading my stories make me realize that:
Life is about....
making memories and living on the edge!!
Hanging up there and not giving up
True love and knowing that isn't just part of fairy tales.. ITS REAL!
Families are not just part of us.. they must be everything to us!
Making good friends and keep them close to you
Loving someone,or something!
Love is magic.. just let it happen!
Enjoying little moments and forgetting the big tragedies
Dealing with hard times and overcoming them
Feeling good about yourself
LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS EASY BUT AT LEAST THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE JUST LOOK CAREFULLY AROUND YOU....
IT COULD BE TALKING WITH YOUR MOM, A HANDSOME BOY SMILING AT YOU, A GOOD SONG, A CHILD MEMORY, A SINCERE HUG, A CUTE DOG, YOUR DREAMS, SWINGING ON A SWING ... JUST TAKE A MOMENT BREATH AND IF YOU DON'T FIND ANYTHING AT LEAST YOU ARE STILL ALIVE AND THAT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN BE HAPPY FOR!
Enjoy your DAY!!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
In Ecuador, Año Viejo is a tradition in which on December 31 people construct effigies made from old clothes, crumpled newspaper and homemade masks, and then burn them up. This symbolically burns up the regrets of the old year and ushers in the hopes of the new one.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
So this are the 12 of best memories of this year:
- I fell in love this year... even that things did work, I learn a lot about what I'm looking for in a guy.
- I had a great b-day!! I like all the surprises and finally I turned 21!!
- I grew up a lot.. I'm not a kid anymore... I'm a grow up lady!!
- I struggle with school, relationship, etc.. but there were always someone there for me... either my family, a friend! God never left me alone this year!
- I got to see brother!! It was a lovely summer !! I understood that true love never fade!
- My cousin came to visit me.. It was a blast, having her with me remained me that happiness come from ourselves, and we can be happy no matter what we are facing!
- I started this blog! I love to write my stories, my feelings, my adventures! Hopefully someday my kids will read it with me and we all will laugh together.
- I went to Ecuador during the summer! As always being in home is wonderful, definitely i belong there..
- I started my dream's list.. I'm planning to become true couple of those this year...
- I got my patriarchal blessing.. I feel so loved, special and blessed.. Words can express how grateful I am for all I have and for who I am.
- We spent Christmas with my parents!!! :)
- I realized that no matter true friends are always there... I'm really thankful for all the friends that I have here.. and the friends that I have at home!
- My testimony of the church grew a lot this year! I love to be connect to something greater that myself, something that for me is eternal and essential..